Cloud Print Setup
If you have a network attached printer, you can configure the ability to print receipts via the dashboard from any device.
This does require a supported printer such as the Star Micronics TSP654IICLOUDPRNT-24 for recipe printing or the Star Micronics SP742CLOUDPRNT label printer.
1. Connect the printer to the router using an Ethernet cord
2. Hold down the button on the front of the printer AND turn the printer on
3. The printer will first print out printer information, then up to 30 seconds later it will print out the printer's IP address
4. Go to your computer's browser and navigate to that IP address by entering it into the URL bar. For instance, if the IP is 126.96.36.199, enter
5. Make a note of the MAC address shown at the top of the screen as this will be needed in step 9
6. Log in with username: 'root' and password: 'public'
7. Go to the CloudPRNT section and turn on CloudPRNT
9. Set the "polling interval" value to 1 second
10. Go to Starchup dashboard, Setup > Settings > Printers, and make a printer with the MAC address from step 5
11. Click on the save printer settings. You'll now be ready to print via the dashboard from any device.
If you are using a wired connection for the printer, you are all set at this point. If however you are going to be using a wireless dongle, then the wireless conection will need to be configured.
To configure the the printer to use your wireless network:
1) Connect the wireless dongle to the printer, and restart the printer
2) Navigate back to the printer configuration web page at the IP address from the printed information you'd visited earlier.
3) Select the Wireless Connection option from the left hand side view
4) Select the "Site Survey" button.
5) Select your wireless network from the list and specify any necessary connection details. These would be the same details you'd need to connect a laptop to the wireless network
6) Save the changes and restart the printer.
Note, once the printers have been setup, on each workstation you'll want to go to the home/getting started page and click into workstation settings. From there you'll want to select the newly configured printers rather than the dashboard print option to ensure that the workstation uses the new printer rather than continuing to open things in a new tab.